Teaching Yebin a lesson (x)
Science has proven that:
- Humans have auras
- Humans have organs that sense energy
- We inherit memories from our anscestors
- Meditation repairs telomeres in DNA, which slows the process of aging.
- Compassion extends life
- Love is more than just an emotion
- Billions of other universes exist
- Meditation speeds healing
|—||A Somali student, on what has surprised her most about the United States. (via africandogontheprairie)|
me accepting the ice bucket challenge
I have a really hard time understanding “antifeminists” especially when they are women because god forbid we get some fucking equality and respect? I dont understand.
wanna explain how women are not equal?
Yeah well first there’s the pay gap, still present, next there’s rape and victim blaming and also if a girl or woman wears clothing like shorts they get cat called which is harassment. I’m not saying it’s all women but a lot do, and if you’ve never even considered these, you are in fact extremely ignorant.
The wage gap is not due to sexism friend
Top Five Jobs Women Take:
- Secretaries and administrative assistants
- Registered nurses
- Elementary and middle school teachers
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides
Top Five Jobs Men Take
- Law Enforcement
Lets look at the yearly salaries for women’s top five jobs:
- $50,220 X
- $67,930 X
- E: $51,380 X  M: $51,960 X
- $20,370 X
- N: $24,010 X  P:$26,880 X  HH: $20,170 X
Now lets look at the yearly salaries for men’s top five jobs:
As you can see, men lead in all but one category. Construction. Why do the male jobs pay more? Lets find out shall we?
Occupational hazards of women’s top jobs:
- Secretaries and administrative assistants X
- Muscle strain from lifting phones and typing
- Risk of stapling
- Working in a cold office increases muscle tension and encourages poor working posture as you huddle trying to stay warm.
- Registered nurses X
- Can be exposed to contagious and infectious diseases
- Can come into contact with chemicals
- violence at work
- Elementary and middle school teachers X
- Bacterial and viral infections
- Threatened with injury
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Mental stress
- Cashiers X
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Back pain
- Swollen feet
- Leg pain
- Normal exposure to colds and flu
- Shoulder and neck pain
- Sleep problems (if working the night shift)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides
Occupational hazards of men’s top jobs:
- Construction X
- Falls from working at height,
- Crush injuries in excavation work,
- Slips and trips,
- Being struck by falling objects,
- Moving heavy loads,
- Bad working positions, often in confined spaces,
- Being struck or crushed by a workplace vehicle,
- Receiving injuries from hand tools,
- Inhalation of dust,
- Handling of rough materials,
- Exposure to dangerous substances (chemical and biological),
- Working near, in, or over water,
- Exposure to radiation,
- Loud noise,
- Vibration from tools or vibrating machinery.
- Engineering X
- The Operation of Plant Regulations and Approvals
- The Operation of Conveyors and Bulk Materials Handling Systems
- The Operation of Winding and Lifting Plan
- The Safe Operation of Mobile Plant
- The Failure of Structures
- Inadequate Operator Protection on Mobile Plant
- Contact with Moving or Rotating Plant
- Safe Access to Mechanical Plant and Structures
- Inadequate Energy Dissipation and Isolation
- The use of Fluid Power Systems
- Circumstances Leading to Uncontrolled Fires
- The Ignition of Flammable and Explosive Substances
- Fire and/or Explosion Initiated by Plant in or Near Hazardous Zones or Hazardous Areas
- The Handling, Transportation and use of Dangerous Goods
- Exposure to Hazardous and Toxic Substances
- Exposure to Noise, Vibration and Temperature
- The use of Cutting and Welding Equipment
- Working in Confined Spaces and Restricted Areas
- Police Officer X
- Possibility of attack
- Physically taxing tasks
- Stresses of being exposed to negative events in the lives of others
- Auto accidents while on duty either pursuing a suspect
- Risk of being shot at or stabbed
- Firemen X
- Damage to lungs from smoke
- Physical strain
- Electricians X
- Exposure to lead, solvents, solder, and other toxic materials.
- Risk of electrical burns and fatal electrical shock.
- Increased risks of injury from working in confined spaces.
- Exposure to toxic welding fumes and ultraviolet radiation.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures with attendant risks of frostbite and heat stress.
- Injury from work in awkward positions, repetitive manual tasks, and lifting heavy objects.
- Exposure to toxic molds, fungi, and bacteria.
- Risk of infections and diseases from exposure to bird or rodent droppings.
- Risks of falling from working at heights.
- Risk of eye injury from flying particles.
- Injuries from slips, trips and falls.
- Injuries from working with hand tools, power tools and equipment.
- Stress and risk of increased injury from shift work or extended work days.
- Exposure to asbestos with attendant risks of cancer and lung disease.
As you can see, the jobs men take more often have a high risk of death and serious mental stress. The jobs that women take more often have a low risk of death and have instead minors risks such as body aches and disease. From the top five jobs by gender, you can see women tend to take safer jobs while men tend to take more dangerous jobs. The danger of those jobs must be taken into account and the people working in those dangerous jobs must be compensated.
The wage gap you hear about is an average of the entire nation. It does not represent a man and a woman in the same job field. It represents every single man and every single women in the USA. That is why it is called average. As you can see, women tend to take lower paying jobs while men tend to take higher paying jobs.
Men are the overwhelming majority of rape victims
- Male rape has been called “The most closely guarded secret of American prisons.” (Weiss and Friar 1974)
There are estimated to be over 300,000 male rapes per year in American prisons and jails.
- Meanwhile A United Nations statistical report compiled from government sources showed that more than 250,000 cases of male-female rape or attempted rape were recorded by police annually. The reported data covered 65 countries.
- According to the 2009 United States National Crime Victimization Survey estimates, only 55% of rapes and sexual assaults were reported to law enforcement officials. When a male is raped, less than 10% are believed to be reported. Female-male and female-female rape are ignored altogether in this survey.
Other facts regarding men and rape:
- 2.1% of men reported forced vaginal sex compared to 1.6% of women in a relationship in the previous year. From: Predictors of Sexual Coersion.
- 94% of sexually abused youth in correctional facilities reported being abused by female staff. From: Sexual Victimization in Juvenile Facilities, 2008-09.
- Among inmates reporting staff sexual misconduct, ~ 65% reported a female aggressor. From: Sexual Victimization in Prisons and Jails Reported by Inmates, 2008-09.
- 50% of homeless youth reported being sexually abused by a female. From: It’s Not What You Think: Sexually Exploited Youth in British Columbia
Catcalling is not oppression. Harassment is not oppression. When men catcall they are expressing their freedom of speech. Its not hurting you, its not stopping you from anything, those words alone do not put you in danger. Harassment is not oppression since 1) its illegal to harass someone and its taken very seriously and 2) Men are harassed too. If it only happened to women and/or it was legal to do to you, then it would be oppression. But its not.
You’re calling me ignorant but you’re the idiot who thinks the wage gap is due to sexism and that rape is gender specific. Lmfao. Try harder.
I read several dozen stories a year from miserable, lonely guys who insist that women won’t come near them despite the fact that they are just the nicest guys in the world.
..I’m asking what do you offer? Are you smart? Funny? Interesting? Talented? Ambitious? Creative? OK, now what do you do to demonstrate those attributes to the world? Don’t say that you’re a nice guy — that’s the bare minimum.
“Well, I’m not sexist or racist or greedy or shallow or abusive! Not like those other douchebags!”
I’m sorry, I know that this is hard to hear, but if all you can do is list a bunch of faults you don’t have, then back the fuck away..
..Don’t complain about how girls fall for jerks; they fall for those jerks because those jerks have other things they can offer. “But I’m a great listener!” Are you? Because you’re willing to sit quietly in exchange for the chance to be in the proximity of a pretty girl (and spend every second imagining how soft her skin must be)? Well guess what, there’s another guy in her life who also knows how to do that, and he can play the guitar. Saying that you’re a nice guy is like a restaurant whose only selling point is that the food doesn’t make you sick. You’re like a new movie whose title is This Movie Is in English, and its tagline is “The actors are clearly visible”.
This never gets old.
Future vets in this class getting their dogs from backyard breeders. Smh
You have got to be kidding me.
"I feed my dog Purina dog chow"
I’ve found the Smartblend doesn’t mess…
Wellness is not flaky by any means, Wellness Core is great food on par with Blue buffalo etc. And it’s not excessively expensive.